Let’s face it. Bad things often happen to people at the hands of other people that cause economic losses. Forensic Accounting and Investigative Services can calculate lost economic earnings due to the occurrence of allegedly harmful events. We base calculate damages on three core components:
- Financial Causation – the causal link between a specific event and alleged lost profits
- But- For Profits – the profits that would have been achieved but for the specific event
- Actual Profits – the profits that were actually achieved because of the specific event
Forensic Accounting and Investigative Services will provide the client with a economic damage calculation that takes into account the three core components and is also thoroughly analyzed and documented.
Legal matters that most often require calculating damages are:
- Business interruption/lost or diminished profit
- Breach of contract
- Wrongful termination
- Personal injury/wrongful death
- Unjust enrichment
- Lost opportunities
- Intellectual property infringement
Forensic Accounting and Investigative Services can also provide legal professionals with an evaluation of the merits of a claim for economic damages and provide an evaluation of calculations prepared by other professionals.